Friday, July 24, 2009

Foto Friday


I have been gone since yesterday morning, off for a very short weekend with some generous, wonderful, feisty friends. We met on a pregnancy board almost 8 years ago, and have spoken almost daily. We all have 7 year olds now, and it's been so lovely to share your highs/lows/super-downs with honest women who aren't fluent in the language of Bullshit.

It almost didn't happen, because I got the Vomiting Virus From Hell Tuesday, but luckily, I just barely made it in time.

There's so many of you I'd love to meet, share a big old Mojito with, and throw some things on the Barbie. I'm new to the blogging stuff, but I've met so many amazing, brilliant, razor-sharp-wit women since I've started.

Someday, you are all invited to my house to hang out in the kiddie pool, eat a few delicacies, and I'll pop the champagne cork.

10 comments:

  1. I will sooo be there. You better be careful because next time I'm in town I'm looking you up before the tail end of the vacation...

    And thank goodness you're over the puking virus. BLECH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw -that sounds lovely -that you are all still in touch - great photo too and I like the fact you do cocktails - v classy! Sorry to hear you have not been feeling ill - hope it is all gone now. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time I come to your part of town, I'm planning it ahead so we can make sure it happens!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will get on a plane right now if you promise to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful time, both the board meet-up and a future bloggie blash. Have fun--you deserve it! And hope you're feeling MUCH better. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummmmm. Am I allowed to comment on your blog even though I'm not a woman?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Y'all come on over RIGHT NOW! We had so much fun; waterslides, waves, water gun fights and karaoke...although my liver needs to recover.

    Greg, you are not a woman but you are "The Great McBride" and funny as heck, so you are always welcome around here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great entry, I feel the same way! I am looking forward to being there when you pop the cork!
    I also agree with the great friendships you find with the onslaught of parenting. All my beautiful friends with 7 year old are still in Chicago and I miss them heaps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!! I'm on my way!
    Please have those chili rellenos and that stuffed tomato-thingy ready for me. I'll bring the liquor.

    ReplyDelete